Watertown Pharmacy specializes in taking care of all of all off your family’s health care needs. Our caring staff is here to serve you and your family.
Overwhelmed by your medicine cabinet?
If you or a loved one is taking a large number of medications, and are concerned about possible drug interactions and side effects, your pharmacist can help.
Many people are taking more and more medications today to improve health and extend their lives. Unfortunately, if not taken properly, medications don’t always work the way we expect them to, and, in some cases, can even cause harm.
Your pharmacist can help you realize the full scope of your medication routine, by pointing out possible interactions between prescription, over-the-counter, herbal, and supplement medications. They can also provide valuable information on potential cost savings and tips to get the most benefit from your medication.
Why is MTM important for me?
Managing your health becomes more difficult if you are taking more than one kind of medication.
You may ask:
• Why am I taking these medications?
• Are my medications working the way they should?
• Can I do anything about the side effects?
• Am I taking them in the right order and at the right time of day?
• Are my medications interacting with each other?
• Are all my medications really making me feel better?
• How are my medications affecting my blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar?
What is Medication Therapy Management?
Medication Therapy Management (MTM) is a service provided by an experienced pharmacist that goes beyond traditional medication consultation. These confidential appointments provide an in-depth one-on-one review of all of your medications (prescription, over-the-counter, herbal, and nutritional) to ensure that your current drug therapy is both safe and effective.
During this time with your pharmacist, any questions that you have about your medications can be answered.
The goal is to help you get the most from your medications.
Who can schedule an appointment for this service?
Medication Therapy Management is available to anyone who is concerned about their own or a loved one’s medication usage.
These meetings are held in a private area, and may take 30 minutes or longer. You are welcome to have a caregiver, or someone who is a part of your medication routine, accompany you.
Getting the most from your medication
Your MTM Pharmacist will review your health status and treatment plan. This will ensure your pharmacist can help make sure that:
• You are taking only the medications you need.
• You are taking the correct amount of medicine at the right time.
• Your medications are not interacting with each other.
• Any vitamins, supplements, or over-the-counter drugs you are taking are safe and effective.
• You are not spending more than you need to for your medications.
Can I afford MTM service?
Medication Therapy Management is an affordable service available to everyone, and, in some cases, is provided at no charge through certain providers. MTM is a covered service under the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
MTM service provided by your pharmacist can help you avoid serious drug interactions and over medication – preventing hospital admissions, and, in extreme cases, even death. If your insurance provider does not cover this service, demand that it is added.
If you have any questions about MTM services or coverage, please ask your pharmacist.